Regardless of how long your planning to stay in Switzerland, if u want to move to Zurich for a new job or a paid project, you’ll need an arebeits williging (work permit).applying for the appropriate work and/or resident permit is part of your visa application. there are three general categories of permits for Switzerland, according to the duration of your stay;

The kurzaufenthalsbewilling is a permit for those who like to stay in a stay Switzerland for up to one year and to whom a schengen visa does not apply e.g expats on a short term assignment or interns (stagiaries) between 18 to 30 years of age.

The aufenthaltswilligung (category B) is the most common sort of permit. if you move o Switzerland to start working in Zurich this is the permit you need.

The niederlassungbewillgung (category C) is an unlimited settlement permit. you have lived in Switzerland for a while before applying for it.

How to Get a Work and Residence Permit

So how do get an aufenthalwilligung (residence permit) complete with Arbeitbwelligung (work permit) for your time as an expert in Zurich? we will briefly introduce the most common procedures below.

EU/EFTA Nationals

If you are national of an EU/EFA member state (expect for burglaries and Romania), you mostly need to have a confirmed job offer. from June 1, 2013 onwards there are certain quotas for job-seekers from all EU countries his temporary measure is valid for one year at the moment-it may or may not be renewed in 2014, through.

You can only start working if the annual quote for new employees from EU-8 countries or EU-17 countries, respectively ,has not yet been reached. To find out if this nearing limit ,please get in ouch with the local migration office of the canton where your potential has their office,

Moreover ,when u have find a job that fulfills the quote requirement, you still need to get your arbeitbewillgung within the first three months of your. stay.go to the local migration office (migrationsamt des cantons zurich)with your valid ID employment contract and rental contract.

You should obtain your permit without further ado, if you have a job contract for at least contract .for at least one year normally receive a permit valid for up to fives years.

Third Country National

Getting a work and residence permit is more complicated for people who are not from an EU/EFTAstatre,first, you need a job offer in zurich. While lodge your visa application (if necessary) your employer applies for your work permit at the amit wirtschaft and arbeit zurich the company need to prove that there was no suitable Swiss/EU/EFTA candidates available ant that your salary and working conditions adhere to local standards. they have to shoe you qualification, too which is why your employer may ask you for a CV diplomas, references

If the local AWA issues a permit they will send it to the federal office for migration they check application again in a national context if its successful they’ll contact the migration they check the application again in a national context. If its successful they’ll contract migration office in your canton. i.e the migration des kantos Zurich the later then transfer your work and residence permit to the swiss mission you can collect it together with your visa, make sour to check how long your permit is valid and to ask how you can renew it.