UK - United Kingdom

The tier 2 visa now one of the most important entry routes into the united kingdom for skilled workers who are citizens of countries outside of the European economic area. In all cases, if you are applying for entry under this visa scheme you MUST in possession of a job and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid tier 2 sponsorship license. You must fulfill the requirement of the particular tier2 visa for which you are applying.

Tier 2 has Four Categories:

General:- for people coming to the united kingdom with a job offer to fill a position that cannot be filled by a settled worker. In 2011, an annual cap the number of tier 2(general) visas was introduced. It currently stands at 20,700. People who earn 150,000 a year are above are excluded from the cap.

Intra company transfer:- transfer for employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred by an overseas employment to a skilled job in UK- based branch of the organization.

Sports people:- for elite sports people and coaches whose employment will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport at the highest level

Ministers of religion:- for those people coming to fill a vacancy as a minister or religion, missionary or member of a religious order*

To qualify for inclusion under the tier 2(GENERAL) or the tier 2 (intra company transfer). Visa, a job must require a skill level of S/NVQ level 3 or above as indicated in the codes of practice relevant to the sector and to the job.

Ministers of religion and sports people an temporary assignment should apply for entry tier 5 for temporary workers (tier5) (creating and sporting) visas last for twelve months. Tier5 (religious) visas last up to two years 0.

Some people who are in the UK with UK visas can apply under tier2 (general).