Australia - Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), lets a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.

    You might be able to get this visa if:
  • you have been sponsored by an approved business
  • you have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business.

The subclass 457 Visa, falls under sponsorship scheme and is meant for the employers who want to recruit skilled applicants from overseas with the consent of labour market by demonstrating their inability to find a permanent resident or citizen to fill up the vacant positions in their approved business for temporary period of 4 years.